[Gimp-user] Apply filter does not have the same effect as preview shows

I am trying to use the color rotate filter on version 2.10.0
Setting up the parameters of the effect in the tool, the preview
applies exactly what I want to the image.
And then when I click 'OK' something entirely different happens and
the image does not look like the preview.

Best guess since you do give all details.

Your image is in indexed mode. Change it to RGB  Image -> Mode -> RGB

Stupid? Only in the sense it does not advise the user.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)