Re: [Gimp-user] Mac OS

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 8:41 AM, François Jouve
<jouve ljll univ-paris-diderot fr> wrote:
Le 03/05/2018 à 18:19, François Jouve a écrit :
almost one week that gimp 2.10 is out and still no Mac OS package on
gimp.org. Is there any problem ?
Third party users are already distributing a mac version, so it seems
doable (but I prefer using the official version).

Any information on the release of the official MacOS version would be
useful to many of us I think.

Well, I guess there is no Mac users around there...
And no admin with any opinion or information about that ?

The download page says "Please check back later" and that's what I do, but I
would have prefered something like "Please come back on 2018/MM/DD" and it
will be there. Or even "Please come back on 2019/MM/DD" if it is so
difficult to build :)

There is few, windows users/developers as well as mac users/developers
of GIMP.  Most actual development and testing of GIMP by developers
happens on Linux and this is the platform with the least amount of
surprises, traditionally the GIMP project only used to release source
code tarballs and it was up to operators of the software, or their own
platform/distributions packagers to provide binary builds. A couple of
volunteers with limited time; but expertise in building and debugging
GTK and related applications on windows and macos are now providing
binaries - when they find time. There is no company, corporation or
management behind GIMP - and official binaries will appear when
volunteers with diminishing spare time find the time to build, test
and provide them - possible even 2.10.2 with a few extra fixes rather
than straight up 2.10.0 now that it has been more than a week.

With kind regards, pippin maintainer of GEGL