[Gimp-user] New to GIMP and out of my league

I'm trying to get the hang of this, but trying to follow the tutorials
my screen looks nothing like what I see. If I start a project I get my
picture, no toolboxes. Playing around I can get these up (attachment).
I have I have GIMP 2.8 on windows 7. What do I need to do, Please and
thanks?

Looks like you have been influenced by the **make-gimp-look-like-PS** brigade.

Set Gimp up this way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQz0zCyVFJU 4 min

The other thing is, by all means look at tutorials and glean methods from them.
However most 'tutorials' are carefully set up for a desired result, just keep
that in mind.

The other way is subscribe to a more interactive forum than gimpusers.com where
you will get better, quicker advice than here.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)