Re: [Gimp-user] Update: 2.10.0 now opens.

On 05/01/2018 08:53 AM, Julien Hardelin wrote:
Yes, I am the only contributor

WOW.

and this gimp-2.8 image is not my
priority. It is also an alert about the situation. There is so much work
to do, and I am very old (a great grand-father), working very slowly.

Seeing so many people writing tutorials on the Web, I can't understand
why nobody wants to contribute to gimp-help.

GIMP-HELP NEEDS CONTRIBUTORS

Julien

I wrote and maintain a GIMP tutorial:

http://pilobilus.net/gimp_tutorial.html

As of now it's way out of date, and I expect it so stay that way for a
couple of months.

The 2.10 release caused a chain reaction here; I paid no attention to
flat pack software installation until I looked it up because there's a
flat pack GIMP 2.10 release.  Now I "have to have that" because the
security factor (especially with web browsers, mail software, etc.) is
too good to pass up.  That means I have to upgrade the OS on my
workstation, THEN install GIMP 2.10 and start learning my way around it.

Writing 'official' GIMP documentation would be very different from
writing tutorials:  My nonsense is my nonsense, people can take it or
leave it - but the manual?  That affects every user who has enough sense
to use it, so everything "has to be right, is all."

This leads to my first questions:

Is there a manual for working on the manual?

Is there a formal to-do list for creating / updating manual entries?

Is there a pre-publication review process for new and revised manual
entries?

:o)

Steve