From: gimp-user-list <gimp-user-list-bounces gnome org> on behalf of moon <forums gimpusers com>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 1:41:26 AM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Cc: notifications gimpusers com
Subject: [Gimp-user] Single pixel selection

Hello.

When editing drawings, I often need to select specific areas to colorize or
copy.
I do this with combination of tools like "Free select", "Fuzzy select" & "Select
by color".

Often though there are individual pixels of varying colors scattered about that
require being added or removed from the selection.

The QuickMask is not so useful because the red color means I can't easily
distinguish the pixels I am interested in.. I have to turn off the QuickMask to
identify the pixel, turn it on to (de)select it etc.

I've played with the QuickMask opacity and color, but it doesn't really help
since typically these pixels are very close in color to the selection &
background.

I've tried a fixed size 1x1 Rectangular Select Tool, but this is clumsy since
you have to drag to get the selection to start.

It's also clumsy using the Free select tool to lasso a single pixel.

Anything else I could try?

If not, I will try to write a python plugin. I'm thinking of basing it on a
fixed 1x1 Rectangular Select Tool... does this sound feasible/sensible?

Cheers,
Moon

--
moon (via www.gimpusers.com/forums<http://www.gimpusers.com/forums>)