[Gimp-user] Extract photos from scan

I have about 200 scans of old black-and-white photos. There were always 4 photos
glued on a white A4 paper looking something like this:

|                                               |
|    ----------         ------------        |
|   |           |        |              |       |
|   |           |        |              |       |
|   |           |        |              |       |
|    ----------         ------------        |
|                                               |
|    ----------         ------------        |

What ist the best most automated way to extract those 4  photos as single
images?

--
bunnyflip (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)