Re: [Gimp-user] Question about fonts and XCF files

On 02/23/18 03:55, Tom Williams wrote:
Hi!  I created some logo samples for a friend using various Google and
other free fonts.  I saved all of the samples in an XCF file.  If I send
her the XCF file, will the fonts be embedded in it, such that she won't
have to have the fonts actually installed on her system or will the XCF
contain references to the font, requiring her to have them installed on
her system?

Thanks in advance!

Peace...

Tom

The fonts aren't embedded in the XCF. That won't prevent your friend to see your text as you designed it, but if she wants to change the text she will ned to install the fonts on her system.