[Gimp-user] Frustrating path tool behaviour

Hello!

New user here. I am trying to remove a background using the path tool. So I am
following a video that shows how to use the tool.
What I do is to select the path tool and drawi carefully the inner part of the
drawing but halfway doing so, when I have marked about 150 points it randomly
changes to another tool and I lose all the points that I have marked till then.
Undoing with the cmd-Z does nothing. This is really frustrating as I carefully
do it without touching any other key?. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you

--
rogerhase (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)