[Gimp-user] smooth the image

No easy way that I can think of.

Using the gmic_gimp plugin www.gmic.eu First a smooth(NL-Mean) then a
Constrained Sharpen gave a sort of result, a bit too much 'fuzzy',
which made a big 3 MB file. (even a xcf.gz was > 1 MB)

Using paths is the way to go.

Truthfully Gimp is not the best tool, use a vector application such as
Inkscape. However not easy to get that exact spiral even in Inkscape,
so a center line trace, then back into Gimp and stroked the path. That
one not too large, so attached. The path is in the paths dialogue.

Guessing you originally used gfig - ancient plugin, should be retired.

Well done this is precisely what I was trying to do.

I tried using paths in gimp but I guess I needed to try center path from
Inkscape which you did.

Greatly appriciated.

--
lasercurrent (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)