[Gimp-user] Imported SVG looks blurry in Gimp

Hi everyone.
I'm making some very small object icons for a game.
Each icon is 24 x 24 pixels.

I imported in Inkscape an image I created with Gimp which was originally
500 x 500 pixels.
Saved it as an SVG image (a blue coat with red buttons) with  the following
parameters:

Size: 24 x 24 pixels
DPI: 90 (it cannot be changed or the size will change as well)

As an .svg file the image looks perfect (I checked the result with Image
Viewer).

When imported in Gimp with the same parameters, the image is very blurry and
impossible to define. The sharpen filter is of no use.

If I change the parameters when importing as an SVG image by increasing the
DPI to 300, the result is still very bad and blurry.

After testing, I discovered that only if the image is increased, in this
case 74 x 74 pixels then
you get a decent result. However, this result is useless to me because my
image must be 24 x 24 pixels.

I read several forums and blogs about how to improve the quality of
imported SVGs in Gimp and tried everything they suggested - even when it
did not make sense like enlarging  an image and scaling it down again or
scaling the layer...

I tried exporting to png directly from Inkscape but the result is the same
as in Gimp: too blurry to make sense.

In Blender there is mathematical function where you can multiply the number
of pixels in an image, I wonder if Gimp has a plugin or an easy way to do
the same.

Ideally, I would love the image in Gimp to reflect the same high quality
you get with a vector image.

Does anyone have any suggestions about this or knows of any plugins that
may help?

Thanks!

If it's relevant, my os is Linux Mint 18.3