Re: [Gimp-user] interactive batch processing

Gary Aitken wrote on 10/12/18 4:50 am:
In the past I have interactively batch processed images via a shell
script
that invokes gimp for each image.  This is both inconvenient and slow.
Inconvenient because there are parameters I need to enter into some
python-fu
scripts that are the same for each of the images, and slow because of the
gimp startup and shutdown each time.

Is there a way to do one of the following:

A. Start gimp with a list of file names to process, and have it load only
   the first on the list.  Then when one quits or closes the image, load
   the next one, etc?

B. I can feed the list of file names to a python-fu script, which then
can
   open and display the image.  Is there a way for a python-fu script to
   wait for, or be notified of, the closing of an image display?  This
   would allow the script to effectively pause and allow processing
before
   opening each successive image.  gimp-context-push/pop seem like they
   may somehow enable this but it's not clear to me how they are used.

It seems like gimp-display-get-window-handle might be useful somehow, if
there were a means to be notified when the window is destroyed.

Any thoughts / hints would be much appreciated.

Have a look at this script:

http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4846&p=183034&hilit=sequential_processing#p183034

Maybe that will do what you want.

--