Re: [Gimp-user] different Vignette parameters 2.8 vs 2.10

On 11/29/18 5:48 PM, Henk Koning via gimp-user-list wrote:
Dear All,

I am new to this list.

Welcome aboard!

Question: is there a way to have in 2.10 the same Vignette result, with the
same parameter values, as in 2.8 ?

I never realized there was a vignette tool - I had to dig for it to
check it out.  I have always created vignette effects 'by hand.'  So I
don't have an answer to your question, but here's an alternative method
that may be useful:

https://gimpguru.wordpress.com/Tutorials/Vignetting/

This method creates a new layer that selectively darkens the visible
layers below it except in the highlighted region. Changing the layer's
opacity changes the strength of the result; I typically over-do the
effect a little on purpose, then dial down the vignette layer's opacity
until the image looks right.

To decrease the sharpness, contrast and/or saturation of the area your
vignette darkens, apply these changes to the same layer created per the
above instructions.

:o)