From: gimp-user-list <gimp-user-list-bounces gnome org> on behalf of Jürgen Weber <juergen jwi de>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 2:07 AM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: [Gimp-user] No text input in file open dialog

Working in Windows 10, I often select a file in Explorer, copy the file's
path to the clipboard and paste it into the file open dialog of an
application. I find it easier to navigate in Explorer than in file open
dialogs.

In the Gimp file open dialog, there is not text input, so I cannot paste a
file name. Why is this so?

Yes, there is drag'n'drop, but often I prefer text input. And you have to
drop files onto the tool bar, dropping on the image preview bar on the top
does not work, which I'd find more intuitive.

Thanks, Juergen