Re: [Gimp-user] tone mapping: gimp vs gegl CLI

On 2018-08-09 09:40, Pat David via gimp-user-list wrote:
On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 1:46 PM Matthew Woehlke wrote:
I want to apply mantiuk06 to a really big image¹. However, using the
GEGL CLI, I get very different results than when I apply the filter from
within gimp as compared to using the GEGL CLI. See attached image: left
is original, middle is mantiuk06 applied from within gimp, right is
mantiuk06 applied via GEGL CLI.

What is gimp doing differently from GEGL CLI, and is there a way to get
the gimp results with the GEGL CLI?

(¹ ...for which I need a custom build, due to
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gegl/issues/94, and I'd prefer to not
have to build my own gimp also.)

The list strips images. Could you host he image somewhere and link it?

Well, that seems rather dumb for a list about a graphics program :-).
But anyway, as I'd side-tracked the aforementioned related GEGL issue,
where I think I also got an answer (still need to check it), the image
can be found at
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gegl/uploads/e1e40b302523405d10f1234eec1edbeb/roses.png.

--
Matthew