[Gimp-user] GIMP access on Mac

I've tried to download GIMP both ways, but have been blocked by this
Apple message: ""GIMP.app can’t be opened because it is from an
unidentified developer.Your security preferences allow installation of
only apps from the App Store and identified developers."

Contradictorily, I also got this message: “GIMP.app” is on the disk
image “gimp-2.8.20-x86_64.dmg”. Safari downloaded this disk image
today at 8:16 PM from www.gimp.org."

Two GIMP URL are listed on my Downloads, neither of which will open,
and neither is listed in my applications.

I have Mac Sierra.

Can you please help me? I’ve been using GIMP for years on PC, which I
have abandoned because of serious corruption issues with Windows 10.

Open Finder, locate the gimp dmg file, and then just hold the control key when
you click on the Gimp dmg, and click open. It will then allow you to
install/open gimp without disabling any security settings

--
TheMan456 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)