Re: [Gimp-user] How to create a layer of only guide lines?

On 03/23/18 23:30, GerryPeters wrote:
I'm working on a CD Label. The template has lots of text instructions on it. So
I'd like to pattern just simply the inner circle of the CD cutout and the outer
circle border of the CD that's a layer but only those 2 circles.  Everything
else is see though. This way I can overlay it on top of my CD graphics and
accurately see the inner and outer borders. What's the best way to do this?

Make a selection, and then `Select>To path`. Then open the Path dialog and make the path(s) visible. They won't be a layer, but just an indication like plain guides.

You can also create the path(s) directly sing various scripts.