[Gimp-user] Depressed Button image

I am a GIMP newbie (although I do have some P.E. experience).

I liked the tutorials on using the Bevel filter to create buttons.
Thank you.

I would like to create pairs of button images - one for the raised
button (as in the Bevel tutorial), and one for the depressed button,
appearing to be recessed a little below the surface.

I would appreciate suggestions on how to create the pressed button
image.

Lots of tutorials on making buttons, can you give a link to the one you used..

However

Most use a bumpmap Filters -> Map -> BumpMap somewhere in the procedure, using a
black/grey/white image as a bumpmap.

example 1

To reverse the effect, the basic way is invert the colours of the bumpmap image.
Colors -> Invert

example 2

Easier than that, tick the 'Invert bumpmap button in the dialogue.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/862/original/01button.jpg
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/863/original/02button.jpg