[Gimp-user] Interleave layers

Hello!  I have been away from Gimp for a few weeks and I installed the
latest iteration of it last night.  This morning I attempted to place text
on top of a .gif image.  I did as I usually do but when I got to the
Interleave Text I found that it was not there!

Help!  How do I put text on a fixed layer on top of a .gif image if I
cannot find Interleave layers?

Thank you!

Paula

--

*"It's so nice to know so many nice people."*

*---Eddie Gallaher (1914-2003)     Radio Personality, Washington, DC
1947-2000*