[Gimp-user] OSX Change program language of GIMP

Hello, I want to use GIMP in English. I'm using Mac OS 10.11.6 (15G1611) El
Capitan.

I've just downloaded GIMP. I'm in Thailand but I downloaded Gimp with a VPN
pretending I'm in the UK.

And as soon as it loads you can see there's an issue with language.

Please see attachment.

I have combed the internet for solutions.

This doesn't work
http://www.ekenberg.se/blog/change-gimp-interface-language-on-mac/
tried this in contents/MacOS/GIMP:
echo "Launching GIMP..."
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
$EXEC "$bundle_contents/MacOS/$name-bin" "$@" $EXTRA_ARGS

tried everything here
http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-user/18561-choice-of-language
edited gimprc – still doesn't work

even changing language in preferences and guessing the English choices doesn't
work.

Please does someone know another solution.

I want to make a course about how to make money selling tshirt designs on
Amazon. I would like to empower people to do this and I don't want them to spend
money on Photoshop (anyway they won't because they couldn't afford it). So I'm
really keen to get GIMP to work.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/675/original/Screen_Shot_2017-09-09_at_12.08.36.png

--