[Gimp-user] Converting RGB files to CMYK

Is it possible to convert files to CMYK in Gimp? I can’t figure out
how to do it.
Thanks for your help.
Catherine

Gimp is an RGB editor, nothing built-in to create a CMYK image.

There is (was) an old plugin separate+ http://registry.gimp.org/node/471 but the
links to the web page(s) are gone. I could probably fix you up with some
binaries if required, depending on operating system, if you give OS and version
of Gimp.

A better bet is *not* Gimp

1. Command line ImageMagick which could be something like

convert image.ext -profile sRGB.icc -profile cmyk.icc new.ext

where the cmyk.icc is the colour profile you want to use.

2. For a GUI, try Krita https://krita.org A full image editing application but
will convert between colour spaces.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--