Re: [Gimp-user] why Text is semi-transparent?

On 11/09/17 11:35, rich404 wrote:
I can't figure it out for the last hour or some going through
everything and googling.
Why my text (even the text tool box) is semi-transparent even though
the layer is 100% opaque?
The text tool box is normally semi-transparent, at least it is on my
installation.

Is your text semi-transparent? You are not giving much of a clue with that
screenshot.

One thing that does show. It looks like it might have come from an animation, so
could be in colour Indexed mode.

If it is color indexed, change the mode to RGB - Gimp menu Image -> Mode -> RGB
and try again. See if it makes any difference.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Another clue is that the text is also very pixelated, due to the "binary" opacity in indexed-mode images.