[Gimp-user] Heal selection Errors

Hey all,

Total GIMP newbie here, and pretty inexperienced in photo editing.
Trying to get the "heal selection" feature to work, in effort to
remove unwanted objects from a few images.

I downloaded the "resynthesizer" plugin to my GIMP 2.8.22 install, in
effort to use the "heal selection" tool similarly to how "content
aware" is used in photoshop.

The problem is, when attempting this on my computer, it gives me an
error message everytime and aborts when using the picture I'm trying
to modify, however OTHER pictures it can execute just fine. My
procedure is I use "free form selection" to select around the unwanted
object. Then I press filters-enhance-heal selection. I tried this once
using a screenshot of my computer. Worked great. Tried it on another
using a png of a pic I took on my iphone. It worked great.

HOWEVER, the picture I'm trying to do this to was a TIFF. I realized
it was indexed colors, so I changed mode --> RGB. That still didn't
help. I confirmed lock pixels and lock channel alpha were both
deselected. I'm at a loss here.

I've even tried converting the tiff to a bitmap24.... same results.

Any help here? I'd prefer to keep this image in TIFF or some other
uncompressed image. It is a map that I will be blowing up to print on
a large wall art, so I'd like to keep the highest fidelity possible.

THANKS!

Difficult to give any sort of answer when resynthesizer/heal-selection works
except on one particular image.

Better if you give some details - size and format of the tiff, even better if
you can post or link it.

What settings are you using with heal selection?

What OS are you using and where did you get the resynthesizer & heal-selection
plugins/script?

Might help someone to come up with a solution.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)