Re: [Gimp-user] Text rendering

Am 27.05.2017 um 04:13 schrieb zylstra:

Hi, as you can see from my attached graphic comparing text rendering, GIMP
renders text significantly smaller than other programs, including Paint.net,
Image Composer, and MS Word.  (Oddly GIMP calls the font Impact Condensed,
whereas all the other programs call it Impact.  However, I compared renderings
with Courier New and got the same results.)
 Why is this?  Can this be fixed?

Did you use the same unit and the same value for the font size?

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/592/original/text_rendering_comparison.png

If you have e.g. used pixels in GIMP, and point in the other
applications, then the results may vary.

Modern Points are defined as 1/72th of an inch, and thus depend on the
image's ppi value - in GIMP 2.8, the PPI value is 72 ppi by default, so
it can be hard to notice a difference because one 1px equals 1 pt for
this value  (we're changing it to 300 PPI for 2.10, btw).

--
Regards,
Michael