[Gimp-user] Selection tool lines

I'm trying to make a selected region darker. To do this I'm trying to
cut a piece of the photo out to a new layer and change the colour mask
of that layer, but when I try to cut it out, it leaves this white line
in the photo where it cut. Any ideas how I can avoid this?

The clue is in your post, you are **cutting** then pasting over in a new layer.
This leaves a legacy of anti-aliased (semi transparent pixels)

see for the cut http://i.imgur.com/9DLb9dM.jpg

see for the paste http://i.imgur.com/ub92l3m.jpg

One solution is to turn off anti-aliasing **before** making the selection, which
while giving an 'invisible' join http://i.imgur.com/XKPxRL3.jpg

Makes a horrible jaggy border when the selection is color adjusted.
http://i.imgur.com/9jsG4CM.jpg

A better way is keep anti-aliasing **on** then COPY **not cut** then paste. That
will give a better border when color adjusted. http://i.imgur.com/Mb6ul1x.jpg

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)