[Gimp-user] 'Saving' problem.

Hi All,

Have just started using & getting familiar with Gimp. Obviously LOADS of things
to learn.
I started work on a project - imported a .png to work on.
I had this as a background layer with 3 layers stacked on top which had various
coloured pencil & brushwork on.
My problem is saving & exporting the image (as .png) to a file on my Desktop.
When I open the file later to carry on working on it all the layers have gone
and it seems to have been 'rendered' to a single layer.
Is it possible to save & export the file in it's working state so I can carry on
working on it later.

Thanks.

--
JackOats (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)