[Gimp-user] Install plugins for Arch Linux

Hi Guys,

I've just started to learn GIMP, and the course I use tried to install
3 plugins, 1 found it as a package the other 2 I couldn't.

Does anyone know how to install plugins like layer Layer via Copy/Cut:
http://registry.gimp.org/node/26396 in Arch Linux?

To be specific, I can't find where the right plugins folder is?

Thanks for help.

How much do you know about linux?

When it comes to Gimp, the first time you run Gimp, it creates a user profile in
your home partition/directory a ***hidden*** folder ./gimp-2.8

You will need to enable "show hidden files" in your file manager. Look for a
view menu setting or ask on the Arch forum.

In there are folders for your own  plug-ins, scripts, brushes etc.  Anything you
might want to add.

Back to layer-via-copy-cut The link you have is out of date and broken. Use this
one:

http://slybug.deviantart.com/art/Layer-via-Copy-Cut-305728401

At the top right is a download button

That gets you an archive (a zip file) layer_via_copy_cut_by_slybug-d520tjl.zip

Unzip that and copy or move the file: layer-via-copy-cut.py to your Gimp profile
folder  ~/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins (~ is linux shorthand for your home partition)

Then you need to make that file executable, How you do this in Arch is up to
you. Try your file manager and file properties.

All being well, the menu entries are bottom of the Gimp Layer menu.

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)