[Gimp-user] New User Q - Insert Image X as Layer; then Move Outside Image X Original Border

I inserted an image into GIMP as a layer.

Now it has this dotted line around it to indicate where the borders of the
original image is.

If I move the shape (the blue UNEWS logo) outside of this dotted line, it is cut
off from the dotted line (see below).

How can I move the image around without having this happen?

Thanks so much - I feel like an idiot but need to get this done quickly, and
cannot find anything via Google etc.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/522/original/Screen_Shot_2017-03-23_at_1.04.50_PM.png
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/523/original/Screen_Shot_2017-03-23_at_1.03.01_PM.png