[Gimp-user] Tablet not working properly

I just wanted to leave an update in case anyone else is still having this
problem.

I emailed Huion support and here's the instructions they sent me:

Here's a step by step to reinstall, please try and see if it works(If you are
using Mac system, please skip 3-4 steps):
1. Log out the Huion driver, close all drawing programs you are running, close
your anti virus software.
2. Uninstall the Huion driver from control panel.
3. Find the "TabletDriver" folder from C:\Program files\ and delete it. (If you
are not able to find this folder, that means you have deleted it already, and
you may skip this step.)
4. Go to C:\windows\system32 or C:\windows\system64, find "wintab32.dll" and
delete it.
5. Unplug the USB cable.
6. Download driver from Huion website (https://www.huiontablet.com/support/) and
install it as an Administrator.
7. Reboot the computer and wait until it finishes rebooting.
8. Plug the tablet back in.

I had a few issues with their instructions. The wintab32.dll file was actually
in C:\windows\sysWOW64. That was the first thing. Also, the file wouldn't delete
because it was open in Malwarebytes Tray Application. I couldn't for the life of
me figure out how to close the program, so I ended up deleting Malwarebytes off
my computer for the moment. But then the file still wouldn't delete because it
was open in OneDrive, then DropBox. So I exited those programs as well.

After getting all the original Huion files off my computer, I downloaded the
driver from the link they gave me. I forgot to restart my computer and tried out
the tablet on GIMP and krita and had the same problem as before. Then I realized
I needed to reboot. So I did that, and then everything worked perfectly!

I really don't know what I did wrong when I first installed the drivers, but I
guess if the problem is solved now, I don't need to dwell on that.

For the record, I still have the older version of GIMP installed (2.8.18) that
someone else on this thread suggested. This version also helped me with another
little issue I had where the icons were too small for a normal human to see.

So hopefully if anyone else has this same problem, they can follow these
instructions and have the good luck I did!

Peace!

--
squirrel (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)