Re: [Gimp-user] I want to increase brush size with SHIFT + Scroll Wheel

On 03/11/2017 10:41 AM, Pat David wrote:
https://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-using-variable-size-brush.html

You can program it.
On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 8:42 AM iop <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

The default is that SHIFT + Scroll Wheel will move horizontally.

I want to change it so that SHIFT + Scroll Wheel will increase brush size
when I
SHIFT + scroll up and decrese brush size when I SHIFT + scroll down.

I spend a lot of time using Brush type tools in the GIMP.  When I
discovered that brushes can be resized "on the fly" via mouse + keyboard
commands, my workflow changed radically - more speed, more precision,
less stress.  Changing brush hardness the same way completes the picture
of a happier me.

A GIMP VBR variable brush scales with "perfect" resolution and has
adjustable hardness because it is a vector, not a bitmap.  The VBR
brushes available in the basic set included with the GIMP did not suit
me, so I made a few of my own:  A circle, four ellipses with different
orientations, a square and a diamond.  Making them with the GIMP brush
editor is trivially easy, but here they are for e-z download and
installation.

What they look like:

http://pilobilus.net/xfer/brushes.png

Where they are: