[Gimp-user] Filters etc always going to the background

Hi,

This is my first post here, so hopefully the right area.

I seem to be having an issue with Gimp, that when I open a filter (any of
them), the window always goes to the background and I either have to click
it on the task bar or swap to that window.

I have looked everywhere for options to see if I can change this behaviour
and tried to google / view archive for this specific issue, but cannot see
one, so maybe it's just me.

I think my Gimp Version is 2.2.18

Does someone know what may be causing this please as I believe a previous
version I used to run, the popup's would always appear in front of the main
window.

Thank you,

Paul