[Gimp-user] GIMP resize options

I am a  relatively new user running GIMP 2.8.18 on Win7 Pro x64 OS.

Am puzzled by the absence of a simple "resize" option which is standard in
most graphics applications, allowing you to choose pixel resize with or
without maintaining present width to height ratio.

I do not see this in Image > Transform
I do not see this in Image > Scale Image
I do not see this in Tools >

So my question (which is really a UI design issue) is "why is this
rudimentary function hard to find?"

After failing to find it in GIMP for an image I was working on, I finally
gave up and resized it in MS Paint with a few clicks.

Surely that does not recommend GIMP for user-friendliness.

If someone can tell me where to find Resize with "maintain aspect ratio"
unchecked, my thanks in advance.

CE