Re: [Gimp-user] selection by value threshold

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 2:33 AM, Mitti Mithai <mittimithai gmail com> wrote:

I've never had to to this with gimp yet, but I need to make a selection by
value threshold (I want to "cut out" stars that are hitting saturation in
my image with values of 64k)...I can't quite seem to figure out how to do
it.  Does anyone have any advice?

Image -->Colors-->Components-->Decompose has options to decompose by HSV
and HSL.  Perhaps the Saturation layer would be helpful?

If you have an example image, after decomposing, you could select by the
color of gray that your saturation would be.

Interesting problem....

carol