[Gimp-user] Adding text layer to gif image

...snip...
I don't wish to be a pain-in-the-ass, but I have found a YouTube video
that I have been able to follow,
however, it does not yield a gif image with a
fixed text image on its top layer.  The layer that I have added
flashes at the playback rate of the gif image.

I have a suspicion that the video misses something about making a
mirror
image and interleaving the layers.  Am I on the right path here,
please?

Yet another youtube video, this one demonstrates using ofnuts plug-in
interleave-layers-0.4.py. The link for that is in an earlier post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLHaTGh2ztQ

6 minutes duration - it might help

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--