Re: [Gimp-user] (no subject)

by no means an expert here but, the only downloads for Glib Networking
that I could find were for Linux installations (as indicated by the
extension). You didn't say where you downloaded gimp from but I would
suggest using https://www.partha.com/ scroll down about two thirds of
the way and the link is on the right.

Instead of trying to load the image from a website, have you considered
downloading the image to your computer (not copying) and opening it from
there. You are talking about an animated gif. There was a discussion
here a while back about putting text layers in animated gifs, you may
want to look back and see if you can find it.