[Gimp-user] OSX ps "unknown file" w/ ghostscript installed

I'm sure there's a stupidly simple answer to this but I can't figure it out. I'm
using GIMP 2.8.18 on OS 10.12.2 and despite having ghostscript 9.20 I still
cannot access ps files. I have no file-ps-load in the procedure browser.

I installed ghostscript via homebrew and linked paths. I've restarted GIMP
multiple times, have uninstalled/reinstalled GIMP and ghostscript.

When I try to open a vector, I get an 'opening failed: Unknown file type'
message.

My Plug-In folder points to usr/local/share/ghostscript/9.20/lib and also
GIMP.app/contents/resources/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins. The GIMP plugins folder has
all the built in ones plus some that aren't executable from other plugins I
downloaded (separate+).

Any ideas? This issue is similar to Bug 689657 from 2012, which was never
resolved.

--
JEM (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)