[Gimp-user] Windows Install

I continued to poke around and click on various files and got GIMP to
open. Certainly not what i expected to do based on the screen message
that had the Finish button. Is it just me being stupid or does
everyone else just know this is what needs to be done?

This request for Help can be closed and I thank you so much!

Closed but not forgotten

For Windows users there is a temptation to ***click-n-wish***, set the installer
running  and not look at any options.

For a desktop shortcut, which might be expected by some, the ***customize***
option is used. This gives the opportunity to set file type associations and
menu options.

A short 3 minute video, a demo in Win 10 but equally applicable to other Windows
versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klV_1PslFG4

Part of some other hints for Gimp beginners.

http://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Gimp-Installation?pid=202#pid202

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)