Re: [Gimp-user] Navigation Window Zoom Preview

HambaHambaHamba wrote:
HambaHambaHamba wrote:
Perhaps View > New View - it gives you a separate window showing the
same image, which can be zoomed and scrolled independently. I think
the
Navigation Window is probably intended to highlight the area you're
currently working on, to help find your way around when working on
fine
details of a large image.

Oh, I didn't know about the New View... but if I'm using
Single-Window mode, is there a way to only 'undock' the new view, or
is it only possible in a non Single-Window mode? With dual monitors I
could put the window on the other one and just record that if I want.
But can it be undocked? Or is that just for the tools?

Sorry, I've no idea about single-window mode. I assume the point of it is that you only have a single window so, if you want multiple windows, presumably the solution is to use multi-window mode? Then the two windows viewing the same image can be moved separately to wherever you want them.

--
Mark.