Re: [Gimp-user] Fwd: Re: Conserving layer groups in mockup export

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 2:52 PM, Daniel wrote:

I stumbled upon the open-source drawing/painting program Krita
(krita.org) which is capable of reading XCF files and exporting PSD
files with all layer groups and layers intact. I do all my work in Gimp
with all my layers and layer groups, then I open the file in Krita and
export in PSD format. I'm very happy with the result.

I'm wondering if the Gimp developers would be interested in adopting the
portion of the Krita code (under the GPL) which keeps the layers and
layer groups when doing a PSD export.

This is not about "interested". Doing that doesn't make sense in
purely technical terms.

The PSD plug-in in GIMP just needs to be fixed :)

Alex