[Gimp-user] gmic with otto repo not working?

A bit more digging, The aim, to update my appimage.

I use Kubuntu 16.04 (Xenial) and the latest Gimp 2.9.5 build failed for that,
but not for Yakkety. So I my installation has not updated and I can not compare
like-with-like.

Looking at the Gmic  pre-release downloads, I always go for the zips rather than
a deb package,  and apart from the regular gimp_gmicXX.zip there is a
gmic_gimp_yakkety64.zip , very small 2.1k, only contains a readme file.
Obviously not the version you are using.

However, the last issue, 12 Jan, gimp_gmic64.zip unpacks to gmic-gimp2 (6.9M)
and that does work here in Kubuntu 16.04

Rather than gmic, it could be the latest Gimp 2.9.5  Back to wait a couple of
days for a new update.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/440/original/gimp-gmic.jpg

--