Re: [Gimp-user] gmic with otto repo not working?

Another note, in case it helps: I've been trying to get a working version of gimp/gmic on my machine just so I can get some stuff done, and I can't seem to do so, which had me wondering if the issue was due to some interaction of Kubuntu with gmic.

I tried a few of the AppImages from pixls.us, and I tried my normal install with the latest gmic (2.0.0 pre-release) installed. Nothing worked. Even the AppImages that pre-dated my problem by months (gmic 1.7.5, etc) still didn't work. Some of them worked slightly better, but then I would free-select a region and run gmic and get the same crash.

I have a Kubuntu VM I'm going to experiment with a little and I'll let you know if I find anything interesting.

Incidentally, I also tried the recent Win 8.1 version from Partha (portable 'standard' version), and that also crashed. I just can't win. :-)

(More details on everything I've tried here: https://github.com/dtschump/gmic-community/issues/67 )

-c