Re: [Gimp-user] Printing

* Richard E Arns <rridgeback55 comcast net> [01-12-17 14:40]:
Hello
How do I get Gimp to print larger than postage stamp picts?

I have tried to research on line and just keep going in circles. Give me the good old printed manual over
these on line things. Updates online are OK, but I am a book reader and due to injuries I cannot sit at the
CPU for long periods of time. Have to keep shifting and walking around often.

Haven't used the program for long but I need a the very least 4x6" and larger when an image is worth
printing larger. Got about 3000 4x6" sheets! Use this size for general stuff.

Wanted to print larger today with Gimp, but after three postage stamps and no obvious instruction to print
larger, I quit. Grabbed my home  shop made 4x5" film view camera and set off to do some coastal scenes.
It's still more challenging and fun than digital! You really have to have a knowledge of light and other
conditions to shoot film.

The late and great Ansel Adams saw this coming many years before it all took place...the digital age. But,
even he felt that there would always be a place for the film enthusiasts who preferred the challenge. If
memory serve me he constructed a huge view camera in his Carmel, CA home that used film sheets that were
either 11x14 inches or 16x20 inches in size!

I, as I said, am a reader of books. The computer would not even be in my home if I hadn't needed it back in
the '80s when I was still teaching and it became an (expensive) necessity in my life. I am slowly drifting
away more and more from digital and back to my old faithful film darkroom. Got enough film, paper and
supplies for at least 30 years. And more companies are selling them again. Sorry, did not mean to sound
preachy!

Can you tell I was a teacher? Just keep babbling on! Ha!

What operating system?
What version of gimp?
Where did you get gimp?

just for starters.

ps: your chosen mail client/editor fails to wrap lines.
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2      Registered Linux User #207535
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo            @ http://linuxcounter.net