Re: [Gimp-user] Digikam raw files and darktable

On 07 Jan 2017, at 09:41, Juan Jose Casafranca <jjcasmar gmail com> wrote:

They need a way to organize
their library, which DK is good at, and a way to process raw files, which DT is
good at (DK is not a good raw processor and DT is not good for library
management).

For the Developer’s benefit, I’d like to reiterate the above statement: digiKam is a brilliant program but
please, let’s maintain the focus on where it is brilliant rather than trying to craft it into an
all-singing-all-dancing piece of bloatware comprising relatively mediocre modules just for the sake of doing
so. In the FOSS realm, digikam is an excellent Digital Asset Management program, darktable is, IMHO, the best
Raw editor and GIMP is unparalleled for post-processing. It’s folly and perhaps a bit arrogant to assume that
Users would willingly be hobbled by using only one program simply because they are “loyal” to that program.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could just all get along….