Re: [Gimp-user] Printing 24" x 36"

You are aware that if you simply upscale an image to this ammount of
pixels (24'' x 36 '' at 300dpi => 7200px x 10800px)  you wn gain more
definition at the corners if you start with a low resolution image,
aren't you?

Also, the JPEG file format is no tmeant for file art, and it will
create the artifacts as they are shown - it is better for colored
pictures only .  Save your images as "png"  instead.

(Saving as JPG and afterwards converting them to PDF won't do - you
have to save as PNG from the program where you draw the lines, and
never transition them through the JPG file format)