Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP 2.9.5 Erase

Hi,

There is a big fat message in the empty image window, please
do as it says and only use latest git master.

Regards,
Mitch

On Sat, 2017-02-18 at 19:26 +0100, programmer_ceds wrote:
One other piece of information - I have just found if the erased path
crosses
itself (without releasing the mouse button) the intersection stays
erased - for
example if a figure 8 is drawn in one operation the problem doesn't
appear.

I don't see the same thing on the same PC (running W7 64-bit) using
V2.8.20.

Am I missing something obvious here?

I create a new image, use bucket fill to fill it with the
background
colour (not white, although the 'problem' still occurs with white)
and
add an alpha channel to the layer.

I then select the eraser tool and erase a strip of the image - this
works fine and I see the chequered/transparent background as
expected.

If I then erase another strip that in part crosses the first strip
the
intersection of the strips becomes white.

Erasing the intersection again toggles it back to being
transparent..

I have tried adjusting various controls for the eraser tool without
success (I consider success to be that the intersection of the two
strips remains erased).

I am using GIMP V2.9.5 commit 7111ead (the portable Windows version
from Partha's site posted 12.2.2017 (many thanks to Partha for
posting
these versions))