[Gimp-user] Locking layers won't work.

Lock pixels and lock alpha channels do exactly what they state but not
position.

What you need is the Gimp development version 2.9.5 (or wait for Gimp
2.10) which has a lock layer option.

see screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/x8JpOhD.jpg

For a Windows version try www.partha.com

PS users with preconceived ideas of how Gimp should work often have
difficulty adjusting. Best forget your PS workflow and adapt to Gimp.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net
Thanks so much for the quick response. I will wait for the new version. What I
was trying to do was set up a template in gimp for a friend as she is very
novice at photo editing. I was just trying to lock things down so she wouldn't
accidentally move top layers around when edting text and replacing a background
image.  Thanks again.

--
new2gimp2017 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)