From: gimp-user-list <gimp-user-list-bounces gnome org> on behalf of Jaguar <forums gimpusers com>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 8:29 PM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Cc: notifications gimpusers com
Subject: [Gimp-user] Automatic flattening when exporting

I'm using GIMP 2.8.18.

In previous versions, if you exported (saved as it used to be) to a format that
doesn't support layers, but does support transparency (such as PNG), you would
get a dialog asking if you wanted to merge or flatten. This dialog has
disappeared, so now, if I want to export a flattened image, I have to manually
flatten, export, then undo so that I don't trash my source XCF. Is there a way
to automatically flatten before export (other than writing my own extension)?

--
Jaguar (via www.gimpusers.com/forums<http://www.gimpusers.com/forums>)
[http://www.gimpusers.com/assets/news_without_preview-35e621160a49ad0e6c18ac84161f548e.jpg]<http://www.gimpusers.com/forums>

Forums — gimpusers.com<http://www.gimpusers.com/forums>
www.gimpusers.com
Forums. While there are many different GIMP forums of there, our own forums provide an extended way to
communicate because they are connected to the official GIMP ...