Re: [Gimp-user] Automatic flattening when exporting

On 14/02/17 05:29, Jaguar wrote:
I'm using GIMP 2.8.18.

In previous versions, if you exported (saved as it used to be) to a format that
doesn't support layers, but does support transparency (such as PNG), you would
get a dialog asking if you wanted to merge or flatten. This dialog has
disappeared, so now, if I want to export a flattened image, I have to manually
flatten, export, then undo so that I don't trash my source XCF. Is there a way
to automatically flatten before export (other than writing my own extension)?

Have you tried Image>Duplicate image (Ctrl-D) and then flatten/export the copy?