[Gimp-user] How to open GIMP using F1 key

Thanks to both of you for the replies.

Alex > when F1 is pressed the selection tool of GIMP is opened, and
once a selection is made the GIMP editing tools, etc become available,
and there is the GIMP icon in the taskbar.
By "whatever captured" I am referring to the use of the selection
tool. Once a selection is made, everything within the selection is
captured, and the GIMP options become available to edit, save as
specific file type, etc.

Hi Alex and Michael,

Turns out I was completely off. The program is called Gadwin Printscreen. As I
went through our ticket history for the client, found out it was initially
believed GIMP was the tool, but it was Gadwin working with GIMP and with some
customization. Gadwin enables a selection tool by pressing F1 and then the
captured image can be edited with GIMP.

Please excuse the confusion and thanks for replying.

--
MarcelV (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)