[Gimp-user] No pressure sensitivity with wacom tablet (mac)

Hi everyone,

I've seen a number of threads on this issue but haven't managed to find a
solution that has worked for me.

I'm working on a mac with OSX 10.12.3 (Sierra).

My Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet works in Gimp in the sense that I can draw with it
but there's no pressure sensitivity.

Here's what I've tried so far to fix the issue:
1) I uninstalled and reinstalled Gimp 2.8.20 (opening it with my tablet). Before
I reinstalled I reset the tablet settings in the mac system preferences to
default, and also deleted the Gimp folder in the Application Support folder
thinking that it might take care of any settings that were affecting the tablet
(which I realize might not make any sense but I'm not too savvy about this stuff
and am just grasping at straws)
2) I opened the Configure Input Devices menu to try to get Gimp to recognize the
tablet, but it's not listed in the devices. All that's listed are Core Pointer,
Quartz Cursor, Quartz Eraser and Quartz Pen.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks!

--
leelu (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)