[Gimp-user] Plug-ins noise generator & BIMP

I have heard a lot of great things about GIMP and wanted to give it a try.  I
downloaded GIMP 2.8.20 ok.

I wanted the following plugins -
- layer via copy/cut
- noise generator
- BIMP

http://registry.gimp.org/glossary/a appear to have a lot of broken links but
after some seraching I downloaded 'layer via copy/cut' from DeviantArt and this
installed ok.

I downloaded noise-generator.exe but when opening it get the message 'the
program can't start because libgimpiu-2.0-0.dll is missing from your computer'
I downloaded the dll file and put in the same folder as noise-generator.exe but
still get the same message.

I downloaded BIMP.exe which when I open crashes the computer - blue screen with
stop code 'memory management'.

I am running Windows 10.

Hopefully there is a simple answer to the above as these plugs should be pretty
standard.

thanks

--
DGG (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)